Terms and Conditions
- Fees are due before the beginning of term.
- Fees are payable termly – the full term’s fees are payable in advance, in full, online.
- We do not refund classes you cannot make. By e-mail request, when possible (depending on availability), a ‘make up’ class could be arranged but this is not guaranteed.
- If you wish to withdraw your child from CWS Dance half a term’s notice in writing is required.
- Children are required to wear the CWS Dance regulation uniform. This is not optional.
- Girls are required to have their hair in a ballet bun or a headband for short hair.
- A pupil may be temporarily or permanently excluded at the discretion of the Principal.
- By accepting enrolment in the school, parents acknowledge and accept that ballet instruction often involves physical placement by the teacher.
- Parents must inform us immediately of any change of address or telephone number.
- All Parents must complete our Emergency Contact and Medical Form; and keep us updated and informed of any allergies or health matters, allergies/asthma etc.
- Students must not leave the building dressed in only their leotard, we ask that they wear outdoor clothing when they leave the building.
- Students are required to arrive on time for their classes. ‘Warm up’ at the beginning of class is essential to our training. Latecomers will be asked to ‘warm up’ before joining in class and if it is considered too late the teacher reserves the right to prohibit participation. Teachers have the right to refuse entry to a class in case of persistent lateness.
- Parents are requested to accompany their children to the studio and to collect them from the studio at the end of class. Please note that pupils will only be handed back to an adult (not siblings).
- Parents waiting in the common areas at CWS must ensure that siblings/other children are supervised at all times. The school cannot be held responsible for children outside Studio 1 and Studio 2.
- Parents/siblings are asked to wait quietly in the common areas.
- Parents of children aged 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 years are required to remain on premises/on site during class.
- Children and parents are asked to pick up their litter and help Miss Angelina and the CWS team to keep the premises clean and tidy.
- Parents who ‘drop off’ their children must be contactable at all times.
- Young children may require a member of staff to accompany them to the toilet, our Enhanced CRB checked team of assistants will accompany children, and will respectfully wait for them before returning them to class. In some circumstances if a child needs help with clothing we assist them.
- CWS Dance do not take responsibility for lost property but when we find items we will keep them in our office for 2 months. We ask parents to ask at Reception for lost property.
- Children are entered for assessments/examinations at the discretion of the Principal, Miss Angelina Spurrier.
- Photographs/video recordings may not be taken during classes without the express permission of the teacher.
- There is one exception to (1) which is the last class of term (‘watching day’) when all parents/guardians are encouraged to come and view classes and photographs/video recordings are permitted. If you do not wish your child to be photographed/videoed on ‘watching day’ please do not bring them to class, a ‘make-up’ class can be arranged by contacting the school office at email@example.com.
- No photos/videos taken of CWS Dance classes are to be uploaded to social media sites without the written permission from all the parents/guardians of any students shown in the photo/video. For clarity you may upload photos/videos of just your child, any posting of photos/videos involving other children requires written permission.
Child Protection Policy
- It is the policy of the school to provide efficient, up-to-date, enjoyable and safe instruction in dance to all pupils who enrol in the school or join in the classes or activities.
- The premises and equipment will be checked regularly for any defects or faults that exist or may have developed which might present hazards to any attending the premises, any issues will be immediately reported to the hall manager.
- All instruction will be geared to the previous experience and abilities of the pupil(s) and no person will be required to perform movements beyond their intrinsic capabilities. Staff will be sensitive to all pupils’ religious beliefs and culture.
- No energetic instruction will be given without pupils undergoing a “warm-up” session, and after an energetic session completing a “warm-down” session.
- An accident book will be kept to allow records to be kept of any incident in the school, injuries of any nature to staff or pupils.
- No very young pupil will be allowed to leave the school premises until collected by a parent, guardian or other adult authorised to do so by a parent or guardian. A member of staff will remain on the premises until all pupils have left.
- No pupil under age 16 will be driven home by a member of staff in his/her car without the permission of a parent or guardian except in the event of an emergency.
- All staff are fully CRB checked.
- Only suitably qualified persons will be employed in a teaching capacity while any student engaged to assist with teaching will only work under the supervision of a qualified member of staff.
- The school principal will ensure that she and the members of staff are properly covered against incidents involving public liability and professional negligence insurance.
- No form of discrimination, by religion, colour, the child’s background and so on will be tolerated in the school.
- At all times, all staff will endeavour to keep the highest standards of instruction and behaviour. The school principal retains the right to discharge from the school any pupil who persistently disrupts the tuition, uses offensive language, or other anti-social behaviour.
Health & Safety Policy
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities.
- To consult with our staff on matters affecting their health and safety.
- To provide and maintain safe equipment.
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for staff.
- To ensure all staff are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.